Easy Cheesy Muffin Scones31.3.2018
This recipe comes courtesy of Co-Op Food Magazine.
An easy to make recipe, that will not only keep the kids busy, but will also provide a delicious snack or part of tea!
These also work well as a quick breakfast – either eat them cold straight out of the fridge or heat them up.
- A little butter or oil, for greasing
- 7 sundried tomatoes (about 45g) or 7 cherry tomatoes
- 250g self raising flour
- 80g Co-op mature cheese, grated
- Handful fresh chopped herbs (optional)
- 200ml Co-op low fat natural yogurt
- 1 large free range egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the over to 190°C/ fan - 170°C/ Gas 5 and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter or oil.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Put the flour into a bowl, add the tomatoes, cheese and herbs, if using.
- Put the yogurt into a jug, add the egg and oil, and stir. Add this to the flour mix and blend everything together.
- Spoon into the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden.