Chilled Pea & Coconut Soup04.5.2018
A light, tasty soup, perfect for any occasion. Vegan and gluten free, it meets different dietary requirements.
A quick, easy, gluten free recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
For cooler nights, this soup tastes just as lovely served warm.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 200g potato, peeled and diced
- 1 litre fresh vegetable stock
- 400g frozen or fresh garden peas
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, plus 2 tbsp extra to serve
- 3 tbsp The Coconut Collaborative Dairy-Free Natural Yogurt, plus 2-3 tbsp extra to serve
- ½ lemon, juice
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leek, onion and a pinch of salt and sauté over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until softened. Add the potato and cook for 10 minutes more until tender, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Tip in the peas, then take off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a powerful blender (in batches, if needed) with 2 tbsp chives and whizz until smooth. Add 3 tbsp dairy-free coconut yogurt and whizz again. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste, bearing in mind that the fl avour will dull slightly once it is chilled. It will also thicken as it cools, so add a little water to loosen to the consistency of single cream.
- Tip into a jug and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight. To serve, pour into glasses, top with a dollop more yogurt and garnish with the chopped chives.