Bristol Smackdown Tap Takeover
On the last Thursday of February (28th), Tate Modern will be hosting an exciting one-off Bristol collaboration which aims to educate guests on West Country brewing and show them the art that each of these breweries also have to offer.
Welcoming six West Country brewers to take over a tap each at the Terrace bar, this month’s Tap Takeover will offer plenty of ‘gert lush’ beer to try! Invited to take over the taps are Left Handed Giant, Lost and Grounded, Wiper & True, Arbor, Electric Bear and Mills Brewing. These brewers all have a passion for producing quality beer and they will each be tapping completely unique beers ranging from a honeycomb and pistachio milk stout to a tangerine pale.
The people behind Tate and the beers will be on hand to talk through the brewing process, history of brewing and the specific beers on taps, and answer questions guests may have. All of the breweries have different styles of amazing artwork, so expect an array of vibrant brewery designs on display throughout the evening.
- Left Handed Giant: Woodland Creatures 6.9% Honeycomb and Pistachio milk stout
- Lost & Grounded: Keller Pils 4.8%
- Wiper & True: Co-Dependence 6.8% IPA brewed in collaboration with Bristol Beer Factory
- Arbor: Zero Zero 4.3% NEIPA
- Electric Bear: Stay Tangee 4.8% Tangerine Pale
- Mills Brewing: Draw Together ABV 7.5% – blend of a red Bordeaux barrel rye sour, cider barrel saison and white Burgundy barrel strong ale
Six thirds of beer – £19.95
Six thirds of beer and a meal deal – £22.95
Tate Modern Terrace Bar, Level 1 Blavatnik Building
This is a ticketed event, book online at: https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/late/tate-tap-takeover
TAP TAKEOVER DATES FOR THE DIARIES:
March – Thornbridge Brewery
April – Anzac Day: 4 New Zealand breweries, 2 Australian breweries
May – Beavertown Brewery