A warming chilli is the perfect treat on bonfire night – this recipe comes courtesy of Waitrose.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Soffritto Mix, or a mixture of chopped onions, carrot and celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g extra lean beef mince
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 500g tub Beef Stock
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick sauté pan. Add the soffritto mix and garlic and cook over a low heat for 3 –4 minutes until softened but not browned. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and turn up the heat. Add the mince and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3–4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the oregano, chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce and tomato purée. Stir well then add the stock. Bring to the boil, half cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the beans to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes then serve