With Winter just around the corner, it is quite common for us to feel a little lethargic and down at times as we are faced with less daylight hours and the general gloom that Winter can bring, however, our animals can also suffer too. Here, Robyn Harris of Equenergy explains how she can help everyone in the household through the healing she offers.
‘In my work I often come across people who are suffering from stress, overwhelm or chronic fatigue / pain. With the animals I encounter it’s generally niggling health or behavioural issues. In both cases they’ve tried a range of options but nothing, as yet, has managed to resolve the issue and allowed them just to get back to enjoying their day-to-day lives.
This is where I can help.
When we are well our bodies maintain a state of balance and harmony, known as homeostasis. If something disrupts this balance we feel disease. However the body is an intelligent system and it knows how to restore its equilibrium in order to return to good health. Although this is a natural process, we can sometimes get stuck in a condition of disharmony. When this happens we can benefit from support to help ‘kick-start’ the journey back to wellness.
The same is true for our animals. Given the correct conditions they can usually recover from an injury or slight illness by themselves, however they too can benefit from a helping hand, particularly if they seem to be taking a long time to heal, or they are struggling to recover fully.
Our modern world has come to believe that disease is a ‘mistake’ of some kind, and that it is to be feared and avoided wherever possible, however I believe that disease has a purpose. It comes from our body’s response to something that isn’t working for us and, if we explore the nature of the symptoms, it can lead us to identifying the trigger(s) and thus dealing with the issue and making any necessary changes in order to return to our natural state of balance and harmony.
Each of us may have a slightly different understanding of the term ‘wellbeing’. To me, it is not simply the absence of disease. I believe that wellbeing encompasses all layers of our being: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. The details of how this looks and feels, varies from person to person and can be influenced by things such as gender and culture but, for me, wellbeing is about being comfortable with who you are and feeling confident and capable of dealing with anything Life brings.
I offer a range of support, all of which is very effective for both people and animals, and can be used either face-to-face or at a distance:
- MetaHealth : This sees dis-ease as a process and, by analysing what is going on, it can trace back to find the original trigger behind the symptoms. I can then suggest ways in which the trigger can be addressed directly, and cleared, allowing the body to make the journey back to good health.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) : this uses the same meridian lines followed by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), however without the needles! It helps to clear blocked traumas and so is a very effective therapy. It can be used with a wide range of issues including chronic pain, anxiety, confidence issues, limiting beliefs, allergies and phobias.
- Energy Healing / Reiki : This is a wonderfully relaxing therapy which encourages the body to naturally move from stress into the parasympathetic cycle of rest and repair. It can be used to support a wide range of issues including:
- healing of injuries
- detoxification (eg after chemotherapy or giving up smoking)
- pain relief
- a sense of wellbeing and calm
- Nutrition : I strongly believe that what we eat plays a vital role in our health and wellbeing. I can support you in exploring healthy options for you and your animals to boost your immune system and energy levels so that you feel fitter and more energised. Our mood is also strongly influenced by the health of our gut so a good diet can help to balance emotions and keep you feeling happier.
I particularly specialise in working with horses and their owners. I love watching as their health improves and their bond of love and trust deepens allowing them to be even more in tune with each other, fully enjoying the time they spend together. The therapies above play a large part in this and I also offer workshops (either face-to-face or as a series of downloadable videos) exploring what makes a horse tick and how this affects his physical and emotional needs. When we are better able to understand — and provide for — these needs, our horses will be transformed into wonderful, free and fun-loving spirits with many magical gifts to share with us.
Horses are like barometers showing us what our energy is doing. If something is affecting your relationship with your horse, their behaviour will show this. It can often be a challenging lesson, as they can highlight the parts of our character that we might prefer to keep hidden, however this is the real gift of the horse. When he is content, secure and healthy he can be a gentle and honest teacher, showing us where our approaches are not serving us and how we can modify them in order to be a more authentic version of ourselves.
They can show us how to be Who We Really Are — and how to be comfortable with that. With horses there is no judgement and in their acceptance of us we learn to accept ourselves, ‘warts and all’. The journey can be uncomfortable at times as we shed the masks that we have created in order to exist in our busy, noisy world, but the stillness, peace and wellbeing that is available on the other side is well worth the effort.’
If you have any questions, or you would like to book a session for you or your animal, please contact Robyn on:
- 07980 669303
You can also see further information on her website here.